Monday 14 January 2008

First time experience about Second Life

I don't think I am going to explain what is SecondLife here, if anyone needs information about SecondLife (SL), please read the article on wikipedia.

I think SL is great, although I am not particularly interested in another way or meeting people online, but it is a great media for some people to communicate or interact with other people.

I do not have a decent graphic card on my home pc, nor on my laptop, so I didn't have a great experience with SL at start as it keep crashing.

I like the idea of you can build anything you want in SecondLife with Linden script and the "ease-of-use" designing tools available when you are in a buildable area, people can really open up their creativity mind when it comes to no rules apply.

I think the induction area / tutorial is a bit long, but it does guide you through a lot of things that you will need to know when you are using SecondLife, for example the keys that you may need to change the camera angle, or how to fly more efficiently (without falling onto the ground by hitting 'f' to stop flying from a very high position), etc. I think it is worth going through it without skipping it.



My first snapshot at the induction area learning how to sit on an object.

That's all I have done for my first lab, will continue recording my progress of learning about SecondLife on my next post.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done on all you have achieved in this module, especially at such a difficult time in your life. It is clear that you have gained success and a great deal of knowledge and understanding from this module. It has not been easy but that is why it is great to achieve even the smallest of things within such a short time. (SJ).